According to this infographic, about facebook user engagement statistics, created by JESS3. On any given day, 26% of facebook users Like a friend’s status, 22% comment on a friend’s status and 15% update their own status.
The average facebook user:
- 229 friends
- 22% of which originate from high school
- 12% are co-workers
- 9% are from college
- 3% they have met only once
- 7% they have never met.
- 20% of their friends are not categorized
- In 2008, the average user was 33 years old
- In 2010, the average user was 38, five years older
- 52% visit daily
When compared to other social networks, Facebook users are more engaged. 52% of Facebook users visit daily (an staggering total number of daily users – 400,000,000+), beating out others for daily visitors, such as Twitter (36%), Myspace (7%) and LinkedIn (6%).
How does your usage compare?