We really love all of these. Number 7 and 8 had me LOL and just the reference to Randal Tex Cobb brought back some crazy memories. Perhaps we’ll do a post on Cobb’s acting career in the future… damn.. there goes another LOL. Do you have any to add?
12. Tex Cobb, ”If you screw up in tennis, it’s 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it’s your ass, darling!”
11. Roberto Duran, ”I’m not God, but I’m something similar.”
10. Mayweather on Hatton, ”Come December 8th his ass gone be hurt. He aint fought 43 Floyd Mayweathers.”
9. Antonio Tarver, “Got any excuses tonight Roy?”
8. Mike Tyson at his eloquent best, “I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating.”
7. Tex Cobb when asked about a rematch with Larry Holmes, ”I don’t think his hands could take the abuse.”
6. Rocky Marciano, “Why waltz with a guy for 10 rounds if you can knock him out in one?”
5. Mohammed Ali, “If he dreams he beat me he’d better wake up and apologize.”
4. Rocky Balboa, “But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.”
3. Mohammed Ali, “I’m so mean I make medicine sick.”
2. Joyce Carol Oates, “Boxing is a celebration of the lost religion of masculinity all the more trenchant for its being lost.”
1. Jack Dempsey, ”A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.”
Source: 12 Best One Liners in Boxing History.